Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I, Me, Myself: Abigail Jain!




Abigail proudly tells you, her name means ‘Father's Pride’ and so she is! At 15, she set out to become an actor and has done a brilliant job of it so far. Today she plays the confident Sia Dhillon who carries the dream of wanting to become a boxer on Channel V's Humse Hai Liife. In the show, everyone dreads her,  boys and girls included, since they dont want to mess with her and get punched in the face. Abigail or 'Aby', as her Director Gorky fondly calls her, is not very different in real life. She has made a name for herself, has worked on her look in the show, learnt boxing, and now she also wants to eventually complete her studies! This is Abigail in a nutshell, but let us see what more this little wonder reveals about herself in our segment I, Me, Myself!


Rangmunch: One thing that is missing in your life at the moment ?

Abigail: Aah um!! I think it will be my studies. Infact I will be giving my 12th this year. Right now I have to focus on completing my education. I have to graduate. So I think ya, studies is what is missing at the moment.

Rangmunch: Do you listen to others ?

Abigail: Yes, I listen to everybody and I do what I feel is right in the end (laughs).

Rangmunch: What do you think you need to change about yourself?

Abigail: I think I could be a little more focused because I play around a lot. Even on sets I get distracted very easily and have lot of fun so I think I should focus a little more on my work.

Rangmunch: Do you believe that first impression is the last impression?

Abigail: No not at all. I never judge anybody by looking at them. I am not that person who says “issey acchi vibes nahi aati , ussey acchi vibes nahi aati.” I have always waited to know somebody because even the persons I have got the worst vibes from, are my very good friends today. So I don’t think first impression is always the last impression.

Rangmunch: Do you take risk ?

Abigail: Ya I do (says promptly), I love taking risks. I think it either makes you or breaks you. So it depends on you. But if I don’t take the risk, I know that I am going to go on and regret and be like “what if…” So I think its always better to just go ahead and do what you feel like and whatever the outcome is, it’s just destiny.

Rangmunch: What is your biggest fear ?

Abigail: (after a pause) I have always been afraid of not doing anything, of getting bored. Its always been like that. Even when I have an off I’m not the kind of person who will be like ok chalo ghar baith thi hoon, let’s relax and all. I always like to be on the move all the time, go here, go there and  I hate the fact that I am sitting at home and doing nothing. So ya getting bored is what I fear the most.

Rangmunch: What are you proud of?

Abigail: Umm! Accha here I am stuck! (Smiles) I think I am proud about the fact that I started working at a young age. Many people tell me that you shouldn’t have started but I knew that if I wouldn’t have taken the risks at that point of time, I may not have got it in the future and then I would be regretting it. Many people still tell me to complete my education but I know what acting means to me and what all my shows have meant to me in the past. Every show that I have done good or bad has always taught me something or the other. So I really love my work and I am proud of the fact that I listened to my heart at that point of time and I still do it.

Rangmunch: Who is your biggest critic ?

Abigail: My dad. He is a director for serials, and I can’t even sit and watch an episode with him because I get so conscious. If he comes on the set I cant even perform in front of him without getting conscious. He is quite blunt and he will tell me what he feels like.

Rangmunch: What is the craziest thing you want to do.?

Abigail: Aah!! I don’t know if its crazy enough but ya its always been my dream that when I get a car , I am going to drive down to ladakh  with few of  my friends. I really want to go for this long road trip for a month or two when I have earned enough and saved enough.

Rangmunch: Who has had the greatest impact on your life ?

Abigail: It would be my mom. It really matters to me what she feels about me and if I hurt her in any way I really feel guilty about it. Most of the times you know things that she says they bother me so much. My mom has been an important part of my life throughout. She is my best friend.


Abigail: No! I don’t sit around negative people. I really have this bad habit. Ya I’m friendly but if I think somebody is negative negative , I just get up and move out. I think life has negativity of its own , so I don’t think I have to sit and get more from people.

Rangmunch: Do you take time out for yourself ?

Abigail: Yes, I do. I love reading. I go very frequently to book stores and malls and pick up a book when work gets too much. I am a crazy Harry Potter fan. I like the chicken soup series too. I have read a lot of Daniel Steele in the past but not any more.

Rangmunch: Do you stand up for yourself ?

Abigail: Ya! I think its very important to stand up for yourself . If you don’t do it , no one will do it for you .If you know what you want , you should stand up for yourself. Its one of the most important thing about a person.

Rangmunch: Who’s that  one person you want to meet once in your life time ?

Abigail: Daniel Radcliff..Harry Potter…(laughs) As I said I am a huge Harry Potter fan. If someone asked me what my ambition was 5 years back, I would say to marry Daniel Radcliff.

Rangmunch: Are you a pet lover ?

Abigail: Yes, I have a dog. I have a miniature Pomeranian, and her name is Honey.

Rangmunch: What has been  the most embarrassing moment for you?

Abigail: When I was in the 8th standard, my mom got me this wrap around skirt which just came out. It was this long flowy skirt. I was at a friend’s birthday party dancing and the skirt slipped down. From that day onwards to this date , I have never ever worn a skirt.I have worn shorts, even hot pants but NO skirts. It just reminds me off the that moment.

Rangmunch: One thing you are grateful for in life?

Abigail: (Promptly responds) It would be my parents. I am really very lucky to have parents who have been so supportive and so encouraging. You know joining work at the of 15 was very difficult but the fact that they supported me and didn’t pressurized me and let me do what I wanted to do. I think whatever I am today is because of them, so I am really grateful for them.

That’s Abigail for you, charming, simple and a girl next door. Hope you enjoyed this interview. More to come from this camp.

Interviewed by:
Swati Ghosh
Niharika Vidya Sagar 

Edited by:
Navyanka Varma
Swati Ghosh

7 comments:

  1. U R GD PLAYING ON SCREEN. I LIKE IT. KEEP IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY 'PUSHPAA' .I LIKE UR n HIMANSH KOHLI SMILE, IT IS SO SWEET. UR n HIMANSH JODI IS SUPERB. LUV U. TAKE CARE.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Abi!!!
    I just love you a lot!!!!!
    You're the cutest girl I've ever seen in my whole life.
    You're so damn pretty!!
    I swear I've never proposed a girl in my life but would love to propose you!!
    WILL YOU MARRY ME??????
    If you ever happen to see this please REPLY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!Aby I like your n Himnsh jodi.....You are a inspiration for me as a strong girl.You are very cute and lovely...If you ever happen to see this please REPLY...Waiting for your reply

    ReplyDelete